If you’ve found us here, you may already be familiar with TKD Lingerie. You may even be a regular customer. (THANK YOU!) For those of you who don’t know about us, we’d love to tell you a little more…
1) Our bra fitters are like image consultants for the boobs. You’re not just a single bra size…your size can alter depending on the cut, fabric, brand or even colour of dye used. Our fitters will spend time with you, showing you not only the best fit but also which cuts of bras suit your shape.
2) We stock over 120 bra sizes. That’s a lot of bras! We believe that every woman deserves to have a well-fitting bra. Many high street stores only have 20-30 sizes as it’s difficult (and costly) to maintain such a large number of sizes, but at TKD, we really fit the bra to you and not you into whatever size we have!
3) We specialise in D-K cups (but can order smaller sizes for sports and maternity). Over 60% of women are actually a D cup or above, but around 80% are wearing the wrong size. Did you know all D cups are not the same? A 30D bra is a much smaller cup size than a 44D bra. A 28D bra is the same cup size as a 34A bra!
4) We cater for dress sizes (UK) 6 to 26. Here is a general guide to dress sizes and the equivalent back size:
Dress size = Back band size
6 to 8 = 28 to 30 back
10 = 30 to 32 back
12 = 32 to 34 back
14 = 34 to 36 back
16 = 36 to 38 back
18 = 38 to 40 back
20 = 40 to 42 back
22 = 42 to 44 back
24 = 44 – 46 back
26 = 46 back
So if you’re wearing a 38 back band bra, but a size 12 dress, then you are really not in the right size. We see this every day!
5) We are always happy to offer size and style advice, even if you are not a D cup. Please visit us for a complimentary fitting at our boutiques at Town Centre Jumeirah, Dubai, or Mushrif Mall, Abu Dhabi.
6) We offer a home fitting service for new mums, as we understand how hard it can be to get out and about with a new baby. We also rehome gently used bras to women who need them.
7) We fit by sight (not the old-fashioned tape measure method) and we also offer fitting advice via What’s App. All we need is a (clothed) selfie and your dress size!
8) TKD was founded by a Dubai mum, Kate Kikano, 7 years ago, when she was heavily pregnant and could not find a bra to fit her in the entire city. Through TKD Lingerie, Kate strives to offer women more choice in lingerie that suit their size, shape and style so they can look and feel great.
Interested in learning more or seeing our full collection of lingerie, nightwear and swimwear? Stop by our boutiques at Town Centre Jumeirah, Dubai, or Mushrif Mall, Abu Dhabi, and our team will be happy to assist you!